The memory foam pillow can give you the most comfortable feeling when it comes to sleeping well. But, all this is possible if the pillow is well maintained and well cleaned with proper deodorization. You may sleep for a night on a relatively dirty bed sheet, but certainly not the pillow if it stinks badly. It is because your face or your nose is in close approximation to the pillow and it wouldn’t allow you to sleep well at all. Before, you can move into the deodorizing phase, you need to first check with the cleanliness of your memory foam pillow.
Make sure that it is totally clean and then you go on with the deodorizing of your memory foam pillow.
The following are the cleaning precautions that everyone should follow while cleaning a memory foam pillow:
• The memory foam material in general is very delicate and is one of the best pillow for side sleepers. Using the traditional stain removers, agitating, rubbing or scrubbing of the material could damage or completely break down the memory foam material. Therefore, it is highly recommended to give a light touch when cleaning or for the purpose of removing stains. Always be sure to use the gentle cleaners only.
• Make sure that you use as little cleaning liquid as possible. Actually, the moisture, then in the memory foam pillow types gets easily trapped and in such case, adding more of the liquid would just be adding to your problem. The damp memory foam pillows could also possibly become a breeding platform for the bacteria and it eventually start to release out some really awful and powerful odors from the material.
Things to avoid:
The following are the things which you must avoid during the cleaning or the deodorizing phase of your memory foam pillow:
• Make sure that you don’t wash the pillow directly in some washer. It would be hazardous to do so and may harm your pillow fiber and overall firmness and shape.
• Make sure not to put your memory foam pillow in the dryer either.
• Don’t ever use hot or even the warm water for the purpose of cleaning the pillow. Using warm water would be damaging for the pillow filling.
• Don’t think about rubbing or scrubbing your pillow or may be treating it too harshly.
Deodorizing or removing odor from your memory foam pillow:
The following are the things that you can try for removing the awful odor from your memory foam pillow:
• If you think that your pillow is giving some really weird odor, then just sprinkle a couple of pinches of baking soda over it and let it stay there for a day at least.After that, either you can shake or vacuum the pillow by using the small brush attachments. Once, you are sure that all the baking soda has vanished, then put on the pillowcase.
• If it is a nice sunny day with a cool breeze, then giving your pillow a day of sunlight would neutralize the odor. The pillow would then smell as good as a new one.
• If the situation is worse with too much of odor, then spraying the enzymatic cleaner or even the vinegar on the pillow would do the job. You may couple this with the baking soda and eventually vacuum it for making it smell
Using these tips would definitely help you out to deodorize the pillow quickly and will give a fresh feel when you sleep on it. All these tips are best practices and have been proven to be effective in providing a new feel to the pillows. Do try out these to make your pillow feel as good as new.