Choosing the best mattress is an important decision for your health and your overall comfort. Buying a mattress should not break the bank though. The top name brand mattresses like temper pedic, sleep number, and many other name brands are often very expensive. They are a good investment for your health but there are many other mattresses that do the same thing for less money. Read more to find out what the best mattress for back pain is.
Best Mattress For Back Pain
There are many mattresses out there to choose from. There is not one mattress that stands out particularly as the best mattress for back pain. It really is what you want and like in a mattress. There are both firm and soft mattresses to choose from. Saatva mattresses are the top rated mattress brand for back pain. They are a luxury mattress company and are more reasonably priced then other mattress brands. The Saatva mattress has the latest mattress technology to help ensure that you sleep comfortably. This mattress has lumbar support and is memory foam. Not only is this mattress great for your back but it is great for your wallet too. Compared to other name brand mattresses it could save you up to $2,000. Not only is the Saatva mattress the best for back pain but lets go into what a good mattress for back pain should be so you can decide for yourself. For back pain the best type of mattress is a medium-firm mattress. Unless you sleep on your stomach because of lower back pain you should select a mattress that is more firm to keep you afloat. If you are a side sleeper then you need a mattress with a little more softness to support your shoulders and hips. The best mattress for back pain depends on your likes and comforts.
Best Mattress For Lower Back Pain
No mattress has the same effect for everyone, so really there are many mattresses for lower back pain that are great. It all depends how you sleep, on your side, stomach, or back, and whether you like your mattress to be firm or soft. It all depends on you and your back pain preferences. Some of the best mattresses for lower back pain are the Saatva mattress, the Amerisleep Revere mattress, the Helix mattress, and the Bear mattress. Each of these mattresses are great for helping with lower back pain and back pain in general. Each of these mattresses contain memory foam. High quality memory foam has been proven to provide relief to chronic lumbar discomfort. The Lumbar is the foundation of your spine and is your lower back. So to to find the best mattress for lower back pain you will need to find one with memory foam, especially around the middle of the mattress. But not only memory foam is used in matresses, traditional coils are added too to help give a not too soft but not too firm feeling. Therefore the best mattress for back pain has a combination of the traditional coil springs and memory foam.
Best Mattress Topper For Back Pain
Finding the right mattress topper should not be a difficult process. There are all sorts of places that sell mattress toppers like, department stores, home stores, and online. Although mattress toppers can be expensive they are a great investment for your health. Some of the best mattress toppers are Queen Size 3 Inch Thick 4 Pound Density Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Topper, Sleep Innovations 4-inch Dual Layer Mattress Topper, Sleep Joy 3″ ViscO2 Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper, LUCID 3 Inch Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper, 3.3 Cloud 9 Queen 3 Inch 100% Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Topper. Each of these mattresses has 3 or more inches of memory foam. Also, each mattress is designed to help with back pain. The best mattress topper for back pain is the Queen Size 3 Inch Thick, 4 Pound Density Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Topper. It is not only great because it provided support and comfort to ease back pain but it is also environment friendly and responds to temperature. A mattress topper is the perfect way to make your old mattress more comfortable. Also, they relieve pressure and help to relieve back pain. If yo do not have the money to buy a new mattress or are going off to college a mattress topper is the perfect solution to your problems. You do not want to be in pain because of a mattress you think you can’t change.
Why Buy an Expensive Mattress or Mattress Topper?
I hate to break it you but the best mattresses and mattress toppers for back pain are usually more expensive. The investment is so much more than the money though, it’s an investment for your health too. If you select a mattress that helps to relieve your back pain then you could save a lot of money in medical bills. Also, if you take care of your body now then you will have less problems in the future. A good mattress makes your life more enjoyable because you don’t have to worry about having chronic back pain. So yes you should invest in a good mattress or mattress topper.
How To Choose The Best Mattress For Your Back Pain
- You determine what is best for you- No one knows how comfortable you are or what helps you to have a good nights rest other then you. If you have back pain choose what is best and most comfortable for you. If you have lower back pain choose something that supports your spine and is comfortable.
- Understand what is inside your mattress- The number of coils, how much padding, the thickness of the mattress all matters when you are choosing a mattress. The alignment of the coils is what helps to give you support in certain areas. Padding on the top of the mattress can range in size, test some mattresses out and see what you like the best. It is helpful to know what is inside your mattress so you know what you are getting.
- Find a mattress with back support- Researchers have found that medium-firm mattresses are the best for back pain. When you are looking for a mattress make sure it supports you and has the correct spine alignment for you.
- Find the perfect balance between your comfort and back support- It is just as important to find a mattress with great back support as it is to find a mattress with great comfort. If you choose a mattress just for your back then you could be causing pressure on other parts of your body causing more aches and pains. A medium-firm mattress gives back support and comfort.
- Recognize when you need a new mattress- If your mattress becomes uncomfortable or starts to sag in the middle it is time for a new mattress. If you have back pain, sleeping on a run down mattress is not the smartest idea for you.
- Coils or memory foam?- Coils typically provide you with a firmer mattress depending what is on top of the coils. The use of coil springs has gone way back in time. Memory foam on the other hand is more soft and provides a less firm feel. Many people like the memory foam mattress because it conforms to their bodies.
- Ignore the price- The coils and memory foam in a mattress are all made by the same manufacturer. So the price does not matter that much. Although the products that are in the mattress does matter. So buy something that is reliable and built well.
- The bigger the mattress doesn’t mean the better the mattress- Many companies use the thickness of a mattress to con you into thinking it will be more comfortable. Do not fall for it, the thickness of the mattress does not matter in most cases. Find something that is comfortable for you.
- Find a bed that is adjustable- If you sleep with your spouse or partner then remember to get a bed that can be adjusted to both of your preferences. Find a bed that lets you to change each of your sides so there is no conflict over which bed to get.
- Try it before you buy it- Test out different mattresses to see what you like. Test “sleep” on a mattress for at least 20 minutes before you purchase it. Make sure when you are testing out mattresses that you lay in your normal sleeping position. Also, when you are testing out a mattress make sure you remember to check out how your back feels when laying on the mattress.
Now you know that the best mattress for back pain is really dependent on what you prefer. It is based on comfort and relief. Although mattresses can be very expensive, they are a great investment for your long term health. Picking the perfect mattress or mattress topper does not need to be a stressful decision. Find what fits you and do not settle for what some one else might say is comfortable. Unless your significant other tells you otherwise.